Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year 2007



2007 has finally arrived! Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

To take stock of my hifi system, over the Christamas period, I have managed to cut love my Pye HF10 & Sound Master 36 to a friend and my system has been streamlined to a very managable level consisting of:


Singapore:
Marantz 7 + Western Electric KS 16608 + Tannoy Cantebury & Rogers 15 ohms white belly

Hong Kong:

Fisher 50C + Leak 12.1 + Rogers Black badge (using the same resistors as the Gold badge , 3000 plus series) & Phass fullrange speakers
  • Western electric 124 + WE 755a speakers
  • With the streamlining of my various amplifiers, I could further concentrate my attention in getting good tubes for my current system. Post Christmas, I have managed to get another Quad set of Western Electric 350B. These quad set were made for commercial usage which differ from my earlier WE350B (which were made for military usage). In addition, I have also managed to find a pair of Tung Sol 5U4G tubes as well.

    No comments: