Friday, January 19, 2007

We124 with 350B, GEC U52 & GEC 6J7 tubes







After my business trip to Beijing last Wednesday till Friday, I have managed to come back home to play with my system. This evening, I have decided to match my WE124 using the WE350B and the GEC U52 tubes with the GEC 6J7 tubes, which sounded fantastics!


Looking at the R33 forum, I can see many audiophiles buying lots of interesting vintage gears. I am currently very contented with my WE124 & Leak TL12.1 power amplifiers and Fisher 50C pre-amplifiers in Hong Kong and trying to bring out the best in them.


The Western electric 755a speakers are fantastics for producing vocal with strong mid. The Tannoy mini autograph, on the other hand, is a very versatile pair of speaker being able to sound relax and at the same time take on the the heavy base music and full orchestra music. Its ability to have wide soundstage reminded me of my pair of vintage Tannoy Cantebury..which is the key motivation for the purchase of the Tannoy nini!


Tomorrow, Richard and his friends will be coming to my place to audition my WE124. Hopefully, the system will not dissapoint them. However, since taste in music is a very personal matter..it all depends on their music prefernce as well.


Cheers



No comments: