Monday, January 15, 2007

RAM LS3/5a




I have not planned to buy any Ram LS3/5a. Initially, I was supposed to be getting a pair of Rogers Black badge with number close to the Gold badge. However, owing to circustances beyond my control, the pair was not available and in replacement, my friend has passed me the rare Ram LS3/5a 15 ohms instead. Something that Ihave actively chase such as Brooks 12A, was not available while the unexpected ones tended to appear.
The Tannoy Mini autograph was another as the price was really very attractive that it was not possible for me to say no..
This evening, one of my office colleague (a non audiophile, who used to listen to the Ipod MP3 music) visited my apartment. I took the opprtunity to let her audition my system. Immediately, the music immediately captured her attention. As a consequent of the listening session, she has given me a budget to help her set up a simple Hi fi set up using tubes amplifiers and full range speakers. Thus, I will cut my Phass fullrange speakers to her and help her source an integrated amplifiers for her apartment this coming weekend.
With these arrangement, the number of speakers that I have now in Hong Kong will be reduced from 4 pairs to 3 ( leaving only the We755a, Ram Ls3/5a, Tannoy Mini)...otherwise, my items will start to "grow"by itself again!

No comments: