Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Hifi Desires

Many audiophiles have stong desires for owning multiple hifi equipments. One of the well known audiophiles a few months ago has advocated an enlightened philosophical belief of : "聽過就可以了, 無須事事擁抱" which I was truly impressed and trying to follow. Ultimately, there is a limit on the number of sets of equipments one could listen at any given period of time.

However, it is often easy to say then to do it. I have often has to set "internal restraints" saying enough is enough.

Looking at the current trend, I am glad that I have managed to control my internal desires and limit myself to items which suit my taste of music with a focus on Quality rather then numbers. Of the various hifi items that I have experienced, I like my Western Electric 124 the most. The sound of the Western Electric may not have the high or low extensions that many other equipements have. However, the strong mid and the emotional expression and natural sound from the WE124 is something that many amplifiers could not express.
Photo above showed the latest WE124 single unit sold in ebay..

No comments: