Sunday, January 21, 2007

Made in Hong Kong smallest amplifiers




One of my office colleague Wendy who visited my home was poisoned by the sound system. She has requested me to help help her set up her hi fi with the following criterias:

- It must sound good,
- The system must be sleek looking
- It cannot be too big
- It must be able to plug and play with ease of use

With these in mind, I have requested her to start with the selection of speakers. I have recommneded Tannoy Mini autograph, LS3/5a speakers, and Phass piano wood speakers. Her choice of speakers is the Phass fullrange speakers.
With the selection of the fullrange speakers, I have asked her whether she wants tube or solid state amplifier and size became the main criteria. To ensure sweet vocal, matching of these high sensitive fullrange speakers are essential. Thus, the power watts for these fullrange speakers cannot be too powerful. In the end, I ahve chosen the made in HK World smallest's amplifiers made by a DIY high hand.
The sound testing is fantastic as even though the amplifier has only a mere 3 watts, it has sufficient power to drive the Phass fullrange speakers. Cheers

No comments: