Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New environment


After month of preparation, I have finally moved into my new place! The move was quite a tedious one as I have to pack almost 25 boxes of various items. More importantly, I have to ensure that the vintage hifi items are properly packed to avoid damage.
To prepare for the move, I have shipped back my Tannoy Cantebury and hand carried back my Marantz 7 + Western Electric KS 16608 to Singapore.
As the apartment was fully furnished, the space available for the placement of amplifiers are limited. Without much choice, I can only keep 2 pair of vintage amplifers and I have decided to keep only Leak TL12.1 & Western Electric 124 (both 12 watts), one set of pre amp Fisher 50C and Phass fullrange speakers and 755a speakers. As for the rest of my beloved items will have to be released to other audiophiles... : (
Nevertheless, since the decision has been made to focus on Quality rather then Quantities, the path that I have chosen next is to listen more and spend more time in exploiting the full potential of the existing gears that I have; finding better tubes, and better recording CD, and maybe experiment with various speakers cables.
For 2007, if the opportunity arises and if $ & space permit, I hope to find the Brooks 12A to complete my quest for the 12 watts ampliefiers. In the meantime, its Music time!

No comments: