Saturday, January 20, 2007

LS3/5a collection - start of a new journey

Recently, I have received some encouragement from my friends to start a small collection of the LS3/5a speakers. As the values of these are always on the increase, plus its small size for convenient storage, I have decided to give it a try...sort of like a small "investement"..

As mentioned previously, I used to have 4 pair of Rogers: 15 ohms black badge, 15 ohms white belly, 11ohms, and pusedo 15 ohms. With the desire to acquire a pair of Tannoy & WE 755a, I have sold off 3 pair and keeping only the white Belly as reference. Recently, by chance, I have managed to find a pair of rare Ram LS3/5a 15 ohms. Among the LS3/5a, there are two other so called "champion" LS3/5a namely the vintage Chartwell LS3/5a and the Rogers Gold Badge.

With this clear targets in mind, I will try to find these 15 ohms Chartwell LS3/5a and Rogers Gold badge to "complele" my LS3/5a collection. The objective is to focus on the 15 ohms and as there are simply too many variations to keep, I hope to go for the rare ones as key!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh My God!!! We have the same mind set!!! I already got my Ram and they sounded better then a set of rogers i got from UK... so weird... so i am selling my Rogers and i hope to get chortle since it is so easy to find rogers now adays! But one question by just using your ears can u tell the differences on 3 of them and how do u like them? i hope u already completed ur dream set! Let me know jcmisshome@hotmail.com